Less than 24 hours after having the idea, Mr. Truong Gia Binh decided that FPT would open a school to raise 1,000 young children who lost their parents due to the Covid-19 epidemic until they grow up.
After the statistics of thousands of “orphans” due to the epidemic, on September 16, FPT Chairman Truong Gia Binh announced the establishment of the school and provided for the entire nurturing and training of 1,000 children who lost their parents because of Covid. -19.
Talking to VnExpress, Mr. Truong Gia Binh said that the establishment of the school was partly inspired by his own childhood.
– What is the reason behind FPT’s announcement to open schools for children who lost their parents due to the epidemic?
– The Covid-19 epidemic is causing a lot of mourning and turmoil for the country. Thousands of people died, tens of thousands of businesses closed, and millions of workers lost their jobs. Even more painful are thousands of children who have lost their fathers and mothers.
As a leading large corporation, FPT wants to accept children, help them grow up, and become useful people for society. FPT is a strong technology company with a large team of 40,000 people. This is what should and can be done.
Actually, there is also a bit of a personal reason here. I was born during the war. When the North Vietnamese bombers, I was only 8 years old, leaving my family to go to the countryside. I always remember that it was a time of hunger, cold, and nights because I couldn’t sleep because I was away from my parents. But those were the years when I grew up quickly, building my independence, which was the foundation for my future growth. Besides, when friends around everyone have the same situation, far from family, suddenly there is a connection with each other. Those were my best friends and we are still together to this day.
For children who have lost their parents due to Covid-19, I want to create an environment for them to study, practice, and turn their pain into strength to conquer the heights.
– Specifically, how to deploy the school model?
– We commit to receive 1,000 children who have lost their parents and train continuously for the next 20 years, costing 80 billion VND per year. In the last 24 hours since the idea, we have provided discussion books from implementation, activities, and curriculum. We are committed to helping students study under the high school program, FPT university and further study if they wish. During that training, we want to help them reach their full potential. If you are good at technology, you should follow the path of technology, if you are good at art, follow the path of art, if you are good at science, then do science.
Fortunately, FPT has great friends, leading scholars in science and art besides technology. We will invite them to join hands in training the children.
Regarding the school site, FPT City Danang is a place where we can train from grades 1 to 12 and even University, with full facilities for not only study but also accommodation.
The school was built in a very interesting cadet model. This is a model to help them get along with friends, practice discipline, spend a lot of time studying and developing, becoming talented people to return to serve their homeland.
The greatest human strength is to be loved and to love everyone. In the cadet school, the children learn to love and give back to life.
– With their own disadvantaged situation, what are they compensated for when they are nurtured and studied at school?
– If I look back on my life, I see that the peace in life can spoil me. If only I could be loved and pampered, never beaten or scolded, I would never succeed.
The war threw people of our generation into fire and smelting. I have a desire to overcome any enemy if they touch the country. We learned about patriotism, trained our will, and never gave up on any difficulty. That situation helped me have big dreams and big ambitions. Of course at that time I was a random product of the war, fortunate to have met good teachers. As for the children, we will actively create the best environment and conditions.
Every day they have challenges to overcome, every day there are problems to solve. They will be in practice very soon. You will grow up much sooner than I did before.
I hope they know how to share, rise up and soon become talented people, soon serve the country.
– What principles will the school use to teach them?
– At the time of facing Covid-19, we found that the 5 things Uncle Ho taught to students are the best commandments, laying the foundation from childhood so that when they grow up, they will help the nation. can gloriously compete with the powers of the five continents.
For example, the first thing, “love the country, love the compatriots”. They are taught and directed practical actions about the country and compatriots. Instead of grieve over their fate, they have the strength to overcome their grief helping others to go through the same pain as themselves. They can go to the highlands, help build schools, help teach younger children to study.
Regarding “good study, good work”, I believe that a good personality cannot be without labor. FPT will build campuses where children can work. In addition, the children learn vovinam martial arts, the national musical instrument, learn all the skills, to become a complete human being.
– As the President of FPT, who has the idea of founding the school, how do you want the students to see themselves in their role?
– Regarding the care, teaching and counseling of children, many people will certainly do it together.
Personally, I will definitely spend a lot of time with the school, for the children. First of all, about the curriculum to help them develop into talented people for society, talents in all fields will be designed by me and my team.
Besides, I want to be a friend, then a teacher to share my experiences with you. Finally, the one who takes care of the children.
For me personally this is also giving back to life. I have received a lot of love and want to give it back in the form of love. I believe that love is a collective strength.
– Talking about volunteering, almost no organization has a model of lifelong help. On what beliefs do you base this model to be successful?
– Looking back over the past 33 years, FPT has many times to turn beliefs into reality. For example, in 1991, when the country was still under embargo, we did not have a source of textbooks, we opened our own training center and wrote our own textbooks with the dream of training a good Vietnamese IT team. By 1999, we dreamed of exporting software, and after only 10 years became the number 1 software exporter in Vietnam. In 2006 we dreamed of opening a training model and now there are 90,000 students.
Those experiences give us the belief that learning and creativity will bring strength to young people. Besides, we have belief in responsibility. With our responsibility, we believe that they will become the most responsible citizens in the future. Third, we believe innovative science is the core to help the nation succeed.
In this painful time, we want you to be ambitious. Turn pain into strength.
As a technology corporation, why is FPT so interested in developing education?
– When I went to Israel, I heard a story that made me admire Albert Einstein. When the Israelis came to Einstein for advice on how to build a country, Einstein asked the first question about how much money you have, use all that money to build a university.
When I entered the Presidential Palace, there were pictures of all the Presidents on the wall from the first day to the last day. They are all top scholars. They adhere to the construction of the country based on education, science and technology, thereby building a powerful country as it is today.
I used to be a scientist, although I later turned to be an entrepreneur, my belief in the power of education and science is always there.